Saturday, June 22nd 2019
20-mile team race down the Upper French Broad River to support the Transylvania River Stewards.
- Race limited to 20 Teams
- Pre-registration and pre-payment is required
- Check in Location & time 9:15am at Headwaters Outfitters
- Race start time 10:00am
- Lifejackets are required to be worn for the entire of the race (teams will be disqualified if lifejackets are not worn)
Rules & Guidelines:
- Each relay team is made of up to 4 paddlers, broken down into pairs for each section of the race.
- Race will consist of two 10 mile sections. At the halfway point, teams will switch out paddlers
- First Section: Headwaters Outfitters in Rosman to Island Ford River Access- 10 miles total
- Team Exchange at Island Ford River Access
- Second Section: Island Ford River Access to Hap Simpson River Park- 10 miles
- Transportation to race points will be provided, or teams can provide their own.
- At the end of race paddlers will be transported back to Headwaters Outfitters
Trophies will be awarded at the After Party starting at 2pm at the Forks of the River Taproom
How to Enter:
- Registration must be made in advance. Entry Fee: $100 per team
- Includes, canoe, paddles, lifejackets, t-shirt and transportation to & from the river
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place trophies awarded
- Make checks payable to Headwaters Outfitters
Please fill out the Entry Form and mail with $100 payment to: Headwaters Outfitters, P.O. Box 1057, Rosman NC 28772
1st Place- Trails Carolina
2. Dugans Pub
3. Rustic Hardscapes
4. Oskar Blues
5. Pilot Cove
6. Paddling to Conserve *the only team of just two paddlers for the entire race!
7. Dueling Banjos
8. Mills River Rowdies
Check out the exciting finish below–the first two teams were separated by only 7 seconds!: